On May 6th, 2017, the Spectrum Multicultural Youth Program hosted the Multicultural Youth Leadership Conference, a FREE event for anyone ages 14-24 across Vermont.
“The event is hosted for youth, and by youth! Come get involved as a participant or volunteer.”
Here’s what happened on conference day:
- Check-in and breakfast at 8:30 AM.
- Community service hours for youth who attend.
- Workshops about: planning for the future, performance writing, yoga, leadership skills, and more.
- Youth-led workshops, including: Having Conversations about Racism, Breaking Down Cultural Barriers, LGBTQ+ Intersectionality, and The Human Library
- A Resource Fair to connect participants with local colleges, health services, job development programs and volunteer opportunities.
- Raffle prizes throughout the day.
- Lunch was provided.
If youth couldn’t attend the whole day, that was fine, too!
For more information, or to join us next year, contact the event coordinators:
Celina (CeCe) Horbat, Diversity, Equity and Multiculturalism Coordinator
(802) 864-7423 x215
Michael Hill, MYP Coordinator
(802) 864-7423 x428
With thanks to our generous sponsors: