On May 6th, 2017, the Spectrum Multicultural Youth Program is hosting the Multicultural Youth Leadership Conference, a FREE event for anyone ages 14-24 across Vermont.
“The event is hosted for youth, and by youth! Come get involved as a participant or volunteer.”
Here’s what you can expect for conference day:
- Check-in and breakfast at 8:30 AM.
- Community service hours for youth who attend.
- Workshops about: planning for the future, performance writing, yoga, leadership skills, and more.
- Youth-led workshops, including: Having Conversations about Racism, Breaking Down Cultural Barriers, LGBTQ+ Intersectionality, and The Human Library
- A Resource Fair to connect participants with local colleges, health services, job development programs and volunteer opportunities.
- Raffle prizes throughout the day.
- Lunch is provided.
Can’t attend the whole day? No problem! Our conference is designed for you to come and go as you please, and get the best experience for your busy schedule.
For more information contact the event coordinators:
Celina (CeCe) Horbat, Diversity, Equity and Multiculturalism Coordinator
(802) 864-7423 x215
Michael Hill, MYP Coordinator
(802) 864-7423 x428
With thanks to our generous sponsors: