On May 5th, 2018, the Spectrum Multicultural Youth Program will host the Multicultural Youth Leadership Conference for nearly 100 area young people.
“The conference is designed for youth to have fun and learn, while also providing the support they need to succeed and become leaders.”
Here’s what happened on last year’s conference day:
- Check-in and breakfast at 8:30 AM.
- Community service hours for youth who attend.
- Workshops about: planning for the future, performance writing, yoga, leadership skills, and more.
- Youth-led workshops, including: Having Conversations about Racism, Breaking Down Cultural Barriers, LGBTQ+ Intersectionality, and The Human Library
- A Resource Fair to connect participants with local colleges, health services, job development programs and volunteer opportunities.
- Raffle prizes throughout the day.
- Lunch was provided.
If youth couldn’t attend the whole day, that was fine, too!
For more information, or to join us next year, contact the event coordinators:
Daimeyon Williams, MYP Coordinator
(802) 864-7423 x428
With thanks to our generous sponsors: