Spectrum is committed to creating and maintaining a community in which youth and adults of all diverse identities are treated with respect, dignity, and equity, and a community that is free from the weight of hate, discrimination, and fear. To read our entire Diversity Statement, click here.
Youth Coordinator, Spectrum Works
We are seeking a full-time Youth Coordinator who will work intensively with the youth who are enrolled in Spectrum Works, which is a social enterprise car detailing business that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Spectrum Youth & Family Services. The Youth Coordinator will be responsible for working with staff from all of Spectrum’s other programs in order to select candidates for the business. The Youth Coordinator will be responsible for transporting youth to and from the business; working alongside of them in the actual car detailing shop; coordinating with other services they will require, both within and outside of Spectrum services; helping them to find employment in or out of the detailing field after they have graduated from Spectrum Works. Communicating progress to multiple service providers in a timely manner is essential to the position. The ability to multitask, be flexible, maintain attention to detail, and complete paperwork in a timely manner is also very important.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Spectrum coordinators and case managers to recruit youth who will be appropriate for Spectrum Works
- Oversee service coordination, linkage & referral
- Monitor & communicate progress related to the service plan/programming in a timely manner to the team of providers
- Help the General Manager to teach youth the essentials of car detailing
- Transport youth or arrange for transportation to and from the work site
- Be responsible for team building among the youth
- Implement the Bring Your “A” Game to Work curriculum
- Help youth find permanent employment after graduation from Spectrum Works
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree. Candidates without the indicated education requirement but with significant experience in the field are encouraged to apply. Please be sure to include details of relevant experience in your cover letter or resume.
- Knowledge and understanding of adolescent development and at-risk youth including the following: mental health and substance abuse issues; trauma; attachment issues; complex family dynamics; developmental challenges
- Knowledge of life skills work as well as job readiness & employment skills and educational issues and supports
- Ability to work independently but also as an effective team member
- Ability to set limits and maintain appropriate boundaries and model professional conduct in and out of work
- Commitment to the value of diversity including gender, race, age, socio-economic level, sexual orientation and religion
- Adhere to professional and Agency Code of Ethics as well as Agency policies & procedures
- Have a valid driver’s license
The position includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, EAP and a time-off policy.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Spectrum Youth & Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on workforce diversity. People of color, women, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Spectrum offers medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, life insurance and a generous time off policy. We are an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on workforce diversity. People of color, women, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE.