Spectrum is committed to creating and maintaining a community in which youth and adults of all diverse identities are treated with respect, dignity, and equity, and a community that is free from the weight of hate, discrimination, and fear. To read our entire Diversity Statement, click here.
Full-Time Supported Housing Position
*Note: 1 overnight and two evening positions are currently available
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Willingness to work as a member of a comprehensive treatment team with homeless youth ages 17–22
- Creating and encouraging a healthy living space and community as well as responsibility for overall safety and daily function of the House
- Daily assessment and face-to-face interaction with youth, identifying goals and practicing life skill development (cooking, laundry, budgeting)
- Daily documentation via Electronic Medical Record system
- Creativity, problem solving, and crisis management
- Utilizing techniques to encourage and motivate youth
- Organization and facilitation of group activities with youth
- Attendance and completion of trainings as assigned
The schedule for this position is Thursdays and Fridays from 1:00 am–9:00 am, Saturdays and Sundays from 1:00 am–12:00 pm.
Position includes excellent benefits, including health and dental, accrued vacation and sick time, and 403b retirement plan.
A Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field or equivalent work experience is preferred. Experience with young adults who have mental health and substance abuse issues is beneficial. Driver’s license is required.
Part-Time Mentoring Program Associate
Approximately 20 hours per week
The Mentoring Program Associate will work with the Mentoring Program Manager to provide high quality, effective programming and support for mentors as well as mentees and their parents/guardians. Mentoring program Associate will ensure that the program is following best practices according to the Elements of Effective Practice and striving to meet the enhanced guidelines. Program Associate will assist Mentoring Program Manager in growing the mentoring program to meet the need in the community. Implementation and participation in grant related deliverables and activities; data collection and reporting as indicated is also part of this position.
- Support Spectrum’s existing Mentoring Program matches. Assist with recruitment, screening and training new mentors/mentees as needed and identified. Adhere to healthy protocol for match closures.
- Provide ongoing check-ins for all matches, also plan and execute periodic events.
- Responsible for continued communication with referral sources, community partners and coordination with programs in the Chittenden County Mentoring Network (CCMN).
- Ensure mentors are accessing the mentoring database to log mentoring time and are offered assistance as needed. Other documentation/reporting as indicated.
- Work with all Spectrum programs to facilitate and match identified clients/youth with mentors.
- Participate in any relevant staff meetings and supervision pertaining to essential functions of the job.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Work or related field necessary.
- Experience being a mentor or working with mentor programs preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of adolescent development including the following: mental health and substance abuse issues; trauma; attachment issues; complex family dynamics; developmental challenges and educational issues.
- Maintenance of professional relationships and boundaries with mentors/mentees and community partners
- Ability to work independently, manage time effectively, meet deadlines, set priorities, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person
- Ability to work according to the NASW code of Ethics.
- Participate in supervision by identifying needs and issues, asking for support and training, and being able to accept and utilize feedback.
- Critical thinker, considering creative ways to problem solve and improve the functionality of the program
- Commitment to the values of diversity with respect to gender, race, age, socioeconomic level, sexual orientation and religion.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
To apply for a position, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Spectrum offers medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, life insurance and a generous time off policy. We are an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on workforce diversity. People of color; multilingual speakers; women; and gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply.