Spectrum is committed to creating and maintaining a community in which youth and adults of all diverse identities are treated with respect, dignity, and equity, and a community that is free from the weight of hate, discrimination, and fear. To read our entire Diversity Statement, click here.
The Data and Evaluation Specialist is responsible for developing and managing SPECTRUM program data collection systems, developing and producing data collection tools and reports to support donor and SPECTRUM management information needs, and providing evaluative analysis of data to support SPECTRUM program improvement and expansion. The position works closely with program staff to ensure tools and processes are efficient and being implemented. Similarly, the position plays a key role in supporting the development of outcome and performance indicators for new program development.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages program data systems to align with SPECTRUM’s results-based accountability reporting framework, as well as other donor reporting metrics
- Works with program staff to identify/refine program metrics and tools to track them
- Contributes directly to new program development through the development of data collection tools and the identification of outcome and performance indicators
- Creates dashboards to report out data
- Reviews/ modify data collection tools and evaluation methodologies to maximize efficiency and reduce burden for staff or participants
- Formulates, implements, and enforces proper data collection policies and procedures
- Trains staff and supervises on the usage of data collection tools and database
- Develops and creates reports to support program evaluation from both impact and efficiency
- Develops and documents database procedures and data collection
- Performs routine audits of data and monitors data integrity
- Identifies and resolves technical problems
- Engages in continual learning on new features and aspects of data management systems to make it the most functional and beneficial for organizational purposes
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Candidates without this degree but with significant experience in the field are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in database management within a human services setting.
- Proficiency using a variety of computer programs (Microsoft Office).
- Experience using and knowledge of a variety of platforms (Foothold experience a plus).
- Knowledge of program evaluation strategies.
- Good communication skills and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of other social service agencies and area resources and the services they provide.
- Ability to work with a diverse client base.
- Ability to work independently and as a positive member of a cooperative team.
- Commitment to the mission of Spectrum
Work in a normal office environment. Position may require daily trips up and down a flight of stairs. The above duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed in this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities by employees so classified.
Click here to apply for this position.