Spectrum is committed to creating and maintaining a community in which youth and adults of all diverse identities are treated with respect, dignity, and equity, and a community that is free from the weight of hate, discrimination, and fear. To read our entire Diversity Statement, click here.
Spectrum is looking for a full-time Jump On Board for Success (JOBS) Clinician. The JOBS Clinician is responsible for assisting a select number of Spectrum clients who need specialized employment support and mental health services. This includes all case management functions, job support and advocacy, job development, employment skill-building, treatment plan and clinical assessment creation, mental health support, and assessment of and assistance with client strengths and support needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as either lead clinician or as a support member of the youth’s case management team at Spectrum
- Collaborate with other treatment providers in developing treatment plans to address potential obstacles to successful job acquisition and performance i.e., poor interpersonal skills, behavior problems, mental health issues, work ethic issues, etc. This includes creating treatment plans and clinical assessments
- Work with team to assess support needs in all areas including clinical, mental health, independent living, employment, and education
- Provide information, consultation, and employment-related expertise to case manager and all team members
- Provide supported employment services to appropriate Spectrum clients
- Assess each youth in all areas of job-readiness, interpersonal skills, interests, strengths, job history, time management skills, areas of competency, etc.
- Develop a positive, respectful, and trusting relationship with each youth
- Provide instruction and skill building in areas of job application and resume preparation, proper interview techniques, and other job-seeking skills that lead to successful job acquisition and job maintenance
- Match each youth with appropriate employment opportunities and provide necessary training, coaching, skill building, education, and follow-up support services once job has been acquired
- Develop, utilize and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with Howard Center, Vocational Rehabilitation, DCF, other supported employment programs and employment-related programs, area service providers and organizations
- Attend regular meetings at Howard Center, attend regular meetings with Vocational Rehabilitation program liaison, attend Spectrum team meetings, and other collaborative meetings as needed
- Attend appropriate trainings and workshops through Howard Center, Spectrum, and Vocational Rehabilitation, as well as other relevant offerings in the community
- Develop working understanding of VT system of care, collaborating agencies and area resources
- Provide and maintain appropriate paperwork needed for youth served
- Complete and maintain all paperwork necessary for client involvement in the JOBS Program, including opening paperwork for Spectrum, Vocational Rehabilitation, and Howard Center
- Document and maintain all Medicaid billing, adhering to state, federal and CARF regulations and guidelines
- Maintain all necessary program data collection, timely reports, client records and grant requirements
- Develop and maintain effective, positive and productive relationships with potential employers and community business members
- Develop employer paid job opportunities in the community for appropriate Spectrum clients
- Act as a liaison between the employer, employee, and others involved including problem-solving, mediation, crisis intervention, coordination of employment-related services and advocacy
- Educate area employers about Spectrum services, supported employment services, and the youth Spectrum serves
- Offer consultation and employment expertise and resources (within confines of job description and when appropriate) to Spectrum staff and all youth served by Spectrum
- Assist in the support of newly hired JOBS Clinicians
- Participate in agency-wide committees, activities and functions provided to maintain the overall health and growth of the organization
- Contribute to the overall improvement and quality of the work environment and agency policies or practices
- Develop an understanding of diversity and its issues as it relates to both clients and staff
Education and Experience:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in human services required, Masters preferred
Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience, with a minimum of 2 years working with adolescents and a minimum of 1 year working in the employment field
Position includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, accrued vacation and sick time, and EAP.
Please email cover letter and resume to: GD’firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Youth Development Coordinator
Spectrum is seeking a full-time Youth Development Coordinator in St. Albans, VT, to case manage youth ages 15-22. The YDC provides activities and services to assist youth in DCF/state custody or transitioning out of custody in achieving independent, self-supporting lives in their communities when they enter adulthood. The YDC and staff will achieve this goal by assessing and assisting youth in identifying their self-sufficiency goals, developing a strengths-based plan to help them meet their goals, and identifying life-long connections and support.
This position requires travel throughout Franklin and Grand Isle Counties and collaboration with DCF, schools, area service providers, and family members.
A bachelor’s degree in social work or related field is required. Experience working with adolescents and young adults is preferred.
The position includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, accrued vacation and health leave, and EAP.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Spectrum offers medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, life insurance and a generous time off policy. We are an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on workforce diversity. People of color, women, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE.