Spectrum is committed to creating and maintaining a community in which youth and adults of all diverse identities are treated with respect, dignity, and equity, and a community that is free from the weight of hate, discrimination, and fear. To read our entire Diversity Statement, click here.
Respite Supported Housing Staff
We are seeking part-time staff to fill our Respite Pool. Applicants must have availability between the hours of 4 pm–2 am and 1 am–9 am. Please indicate availability in cover letter.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Creating and encouraging a healthy living space and community as well as responsibility for overall safety , cleanliness, and function of the House
- Assessment and face to face interaction with youth, identifying goals and practicing life skill development
- Documentation via Electronic Medical Record system
- Creativity, problem solving, and crisis management
- Utilizing techniques to encourage and motivate youth
- Attendance and completion of trainings, as assigned
Academic courses in social work or related field and/or equivalent work experience are preferred. Experience with young adults who have mental health and substance abuse issues is beneficial.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Part-Time Resource Space Coordinator
Spectrum is looking for a part-time Multicultural Youth Program (MYP) Resource Space Coordinator. The MYP Resource Space Coordinator will primarily focus on the management and coordination of the MYP Resource Space. The Resource Space Coordinator will do outreach, recruit and manage volunteers of the resource space. They will act as a lead or assistant lead planner for any resource space events/workshops/programming. They will also provide peer mentoring, resource navigation and post-secondary path navigation to the youth participants who access MYP’s Resource Space. In addition to this, the member will assist in overall MYP Resource Space program development and implementation. The member will also serve as a support to the Multicultural Youth Program in any capacity they or the coordinator deems appropriate and most effective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively mentor and assist with navigating multicultural youth who access the MYP Resource Space
- Develop and assist in implementing any initiatives that will further program growth in the areas of post-secondary path and resource navigation
- Explore internally and externally any post-secondary path tools and resource navigation tools to ensure efficient support for program participants and users
- Research tools, resources, and examples that help advance issues of educational and community navigation and supports
- Participate in supervision, staff meetings, and trainings as scheduled and as needed
- Facilitate and participate in dialogue about the issues that affect transition age youth and young adults, especially in regards to collaborative community advocacy
- Support the development and oversee operation of the MYP’s Resource Space and assist in any overall Multicultural Youth Program needs
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have knowledge and experience with community and program development
- Must be knowledgeable about issues facing target population (e.g. information specific to cultural groups identified as being at-risk, homelessness, HIV/AIDS, substance abuse, mental health problems, family conflict, physical health issues, criminality, etc.) or be willing to learn
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and/or as a team member
- Must be willing to participate in supervision, identify needs and issues, ask for assistance, support and training, and be able to accept and utilize feedback
- Must be committed to the values of diversity with respect to culture, race, ethnicity, gender identity, age, socio-economic level, sexual orientation and religion. (Knowledge or familiarity about the communities’ ethic and cultural diversity is preferred.)
- Must have the ability to evaluate research and see opportunities to develop new approaches for organizing across differences
- Must have the commitment to address dynamics of power, privilege and oppression on an individual and institutional level
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Spectrum offers medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, life insurance and a generous time off policy. We are an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on workforce diversity. People of color, women, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE.