Spectrum is committed to creating and maintaining a community in which youth and adults of all diverse identities are treated with respect, dignity, and equity, and a community that is free from the weight of hate, discrimination, and fear. To read our entire Diversity Statement, click here.
Supported Housing Staff
Spectrum is looking for a Supported Housing Staff member. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Willingness to work as a member of a comprehensive treatment team with homeless youth ages 17-22
- Creating and encouraging a healthy living space and community as well as responsibility for overall safety and daily function of the House
- Daily assessment and face to face interaction with youth, identifying goals and practicing life skill development (cooking, laundry, budgeting)
- Daily documentation via Electronic Medical Record system
- Creativity, problem solving, and crisis management
- Utilizing techniques to encourage and motivate youth
- Organization and facilitation of group activities with youth
- Attendance and completion of trainings, as assigned
The schedule requires availability Saturday – Tuesday between 4pm and 2am.
A Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field or equivalent work experience is preferred. Experience with young adults who have mental health and substance abuse issues is beneficial. Driver’s license is required.
Position includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, accrued vacation and sick time, and EAP.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Spectrum Youth & Family Services
177 Pearl Street
Burlington, VT 05401
No phone calls please.
Spectrum offers medical and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, life insurance and a generous time off policy. We are an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on workforce diversity. People of color, women, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE.