Spectrum is committed to creating and maintaining a community in which youth and adults of all diverse identities are treated with respect, dignity, and equity, and a community that is free from the weight of hate, discrimination, and fear. To read our entire Diversity Statement, click here.
Detail Works Shop Lead
Our intention is to build a work environment where empathy, mutual respect and accountability are practiced and embraced. Spectrum Youth will be hired to work in the Car Detailing Business. The Shop Lead is a professionally trained detailer capable of completing and training new staff in services offered at Detail Works. The Shop Lead ensures quality product is delivered to the customer, timelines are being met, and encourages staff to perform top quality work. This position is an employee of Spectrum Youth & Family Services. This position pays 16.70 per hour
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Details vehicles to customer specifications and Detail Works’ shop standard.
- Interacts with customers and the public
- Understands chemicals and products used
- Sells a variety of services to customers to drive revenue
- Works alongside youth staff in a leadership capacity
- Quickly performs quality control checks on outgoing vehicles, occasionally needing to meet tight deadlines
- Researches new techniques, products, and processes to grow quality and timeframe of completion
- Provides exceptional customer service
- Work with youth dealing with a wide variety of issues as a good role model
- Takes ownership of the shop occasionally performing shop maintenance
- Order products
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Must be able to work in a Team Focused environment
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Approach customers with a listen first mentality
- Work closely with the General Manager and Youth Coordinator to identify goal orientated milestones
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Active listener and exercise sound judgment
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are essential
- The ability to follow complex instructions
- Ability to effectively manage material resources and keep track of supply inventory
- Knowledge of safety process and precautions
- Driver’s License and reliable transportation with comprehensive insurance
This is a field position and frequent travel is required, including client transport. Reliable transportation and comprehensive insurance are required. The above duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed in this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities by employees so classified.
Food Systems Intern
Drop-In is looking for a student or interested persons who would like to work with homeless and at-risk youth around issues of food security, nutrition, farming and agriculture, and food education. The Food Systems Intern would develop or implement specific programming designed to engage our community on issues related to food in a non-biased way. This intern would also collaborate with the Intervale Food Hub as well as other community partners on matters of food security. This person should ideally be dedicated to building food security, ending homelessness, and must enjoy interacting with youth! This person would also work closely with drop-in youth coaches as well as our food coordinator, who plans and executes our meal program. This is a flexible position, geared towards education and general youth engagement.