An Introduction to Batterer Intervention:
Understanding Domestic Violence and Men Who Batter
May 8, 2015
We’re offering a one-day training that will provide an overview of domestic violence and batterer accountability for individuals working with men who batter, including individuals interested in facilitating batterers intervention groups. This training is required for new DV Solutions facilitators.
Participants in this training will:
• explore the social and historical context of men’s violence towards women
• understand the role of batterer accountability in the community response to domestic violence
• explore gender socialization in our culture and how it relates to dating/domestic violence
• gain skills in addressing behavior choices and understanding process of change theory
• explore using motivational enhancement skills when working with men who batter
• gain skills for facilitating groups with men with a history of violence
Time: 9:30 – 4:30
Location: 191 North Street Burlington, VT
Cost: $50 (free for Spectrum staff)
To register for this one day training, please fill out this registration form and return to email@example.com, or to our office at 31 Elmwood Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401.
Registration Deadline: May 1st