The endless stream of frightening news and self-isolation, for many of us, is beginning to push the boundaries of our mental health.
Below are a few articles that our Riverstone counselors have read and shared with some of their clients for support.
- That Discomfort You’re Feeling is Grief by Scott Berinato, Harvard Business Review
- With Senior Year In Disarray, Teens And Young Adults Feel Lost. Here’s How To Help by Patti Neighmond, National Public Radio
- What Therapists Tell Patients Who Are Anxious About Coronavirus by Kelsey Borresen, HuffPost
- How to STOP, Breathe, Listen and Connect During the COVID Outbreak by Heather Hurlock, Mindful
- Resilience Expert Offers Three Ways to Tap into the Wisdom of the Body by Linda Graham, Mindful
- Coping Mechanisms For Teens Experiencing Anxiety Relating COVID-19 by Stephanie Caroline Langlais
We’re all in this together–most of us feel overwhelmed right now, which is a logical response to this bizarre time. But we will get through it together as well. We hope that some of these resources help.