You can make a difference in the lives of homeless and at-risk youth in our community by volunteering in the following ways:
- Mentoring: Interested in becoming a mentor? You don’t have to be a superhero. All you need to be is a friend. Please contact Stephanie Ball at email@example.com.
- Donate a Meal: Our Drop-In Center serves two meals a day – lunch and dinner, five days a week.
- There are two options for meal donation: You can prepare a meal at home and bring it in for us to serve or bring groceries into our space and prepare a meal on site with us. Cooking at home, and bringing the prepared food in, is usually easiest because our kitchen is small and often crowded. However, if you would prefer to cook at Drop-In we can certainly arrange for that.
- Please note that we can only accommodate 2-3 volunteer cooks in our kitchen at one time.
- Please plan on providing enough food for 25-30 servings.
- If you would like to donate a meal to be served in Drop-In, please sign up here.
- Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Multicultural Youth Program: We’re looking for youth ages 18-26 with tutoring experience to help out in our Resource Space for multicultural and New American youth. You would commit to helping out several hours a week. Email email@example.com.
- Help with Donations: Thanks to the generosity of our community, we have lots of clothing donations for youth. We’re looking for volunteers to help us organize donations in our Drop-In so that youth can find what they need. Interested in helping out? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Projects and Events: We occasionally need help with events and special projects, like large mailings. These opportunities are typically for just a few hours at a time. Email us at email@example.com.
Unfortunately community service hours cannot be fulfilled through Spectrum’s volunteer opportunities.
Please call our main number, (802) 864-7423, with any general questions about volunteering at Spectrum.